If you’re struggling with any course, the first thing to do is talk to your professor — they’re best positioned to understand what’s needed to improve and what resources are available. Speak with your advisor whenever you’re concerned about academic difficulties impacting your plan to apply to a professional health school.
Keene State’s Student Academic Support Services (SASS) in the Elliot Center helps students in a variety of ways:
- Aspire works with students to provide them with tools to succeed and thrive academically.
- Aspire holds weekly study nights, runs peer tutoring and peer mentoring programs, and hosts a webpage with comprehensive study skills. They also can help with time management and organizational skill development.
- The Math Center provides tutoring and peer course assistants.
- The Center for Research and Writing can help with all aspects of researching and writing papers.
- Career Services offers assistance with exploring careers, preparing for interviews, building a resume, and writing effective cover letters.