The role of the Service learning and Internship Coordinator is as an ongoing resource for faculty, students and partners the community. The coordinator will support faculty in establishing and expanding opportunities for experiential learning and community engagement including internships, field-work, practicum, and service learning courses by:
- Providing support to academic departments interested in increasing their students’ participation in internships
- Cultivating relationships with local community partners and employers who offer experiential learning opportunities for KSC students
- Supporting faculty in development and assessment of learning outcomes related to experiential education
- Maintaining a database of internship placements for reporting (starting Fall 2015)
- Developing and assisting with coordination of internship paperwork and placement agreements
- Answering questions and researching solutions with the goal of expanding college and community capacity to support experiential learning and related College-wide learning outcomes.
As a member of the Academic and Career Advising staff, the internship coordinator works with students to help the connect with internship opportunities, and guide them through the process of obtaining and succeeding in an internship, for academic credit and/or to focus on work experience toward a future career. Starting in September 2016, ACA will offer an Internship Orientation to help students plan for internships.