The Academic and Career Advising Office (ACA) is an ongoing resource for faculty, students, employers, and partners in the community. ACA will support faculty in establishing and expanding opportunities for experiential learning and community engagement including internships, field-work, practicum, and service learning courses by:
- Providing support to academic departments interested in increasing their students’ participation in internships.
- Cultivating relationships with local community partners and employers who offer experiential learning opportunities for KSC students.
- Supporting faculty in development and assessment of learning outcomes related to experiential education.
- Maintaining a database of internship placements for tracking.
- Developing and assisting with coordination of internship paperwork and placement agreements
- Answering questions and researching solutions with the goal of expanding college and community capacity to support experiential learning and related College-wide learning outcomes.
ACA staff works with students to help them connect with internship opportunities, and assists them in the process of obtaining and succeeding in an internship for academic credit and/or to focus on work experience toward a future career.