Individual instructional consultations are one of the most high impact opportunities for faculty enrichment. I partner with faculty to provide targeted support in the areas they need to be successful in their teaching mission. In addition, a one-on-one session can be arranged to fit into individual faculty work schedules.
In individual consultations we can:
- Provide instructional design support for you in developing new courses and redesigning or re-imagining existing courses.
- Research and recommend effective practices for implementing new pedagogy.
- Develop creative assignments or active learning activities for your classroom.
- Plan approaches to measure how your students are learning and confirm that you are meeting your goals for the course.
- Collaborate with you in the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Partner in forming and facilitating a faculty learning community.
- And much more!
Who Am I?
I have come to the field of instructional design from a teaching background, with experience teaching in a variety of contexts. I have a PhD in linguistics from the University of Michigan. Before coming to Keene State, I was a postdoctoral fellow and visiting assistant professor of linguistics at Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin. Before graduate school I taught for three years in an alternative learning program for high school students. With my experience as a college faculty member, I am familiar with many of the challenges of college teaching, and particularly of the competing demands on faculty time.